Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MikeyVdub  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 12:49:57 PM(UTC)
MikeyVdub

Groups: Registered

Hi All, hoping for some help with my Whirlpool washing machine;

The machine runs like normal, except that it does not spin (rinse or high speed after).
Water fills, Agitation works, and water drains, then when it should start spinning, it doesn't. If I reach in (I have rigged the lid switch) and spin the tub/basket (sorry if that is the wrong term), it will continue to spin and pick up speed and run as it should. But if I don't intervene with a little spin, then the clothes are left soaking wet at the end.

I read around on the forum and for similar models the suggestion was either the washer drive block or the clutch.
Based on the fact that it agitates, is it definitely not the motor coupling?
Just wondering if it could be something other than the 2 above mentioned issues? It started intermittently and over the course of a few weeks, has become pretty well every load now.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.