Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
randyb12345  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 3:13:00 PM(UTC)
randyb12345

Groups: Registered

This is one of those dryers that has two separate motors. One that turns the drum and a separate blower motor. About a year ago the blower motor will occasionally stop working before the dryer cycle is over. The drum keeps turning and the heat comes on and then of course it trips the heat sensor which shuts off the dryer to protect it. If I open the door to the dryer and leave it open for a while it seems like something cools down and then I can restart the dryer and complete the load.

I assumed at one point it was possibly a thermal sensor in the blower motor that was tripping, so I bought a replacement blower motor from ********. Today I replaced the blower motor while replacing the belt and I’m having the same issue with this new motor.

So now of course I’m thinking it’s something else that is tripping. Perhaps a different sensor in the dryer that is getting triggered, turning off the blower, and keeping the blower motor from turning on until it cools off? Also, I assume it might be in the control board but I have no idea how to determine what could be causing this.

Have any of you encountered this issue before, and if so how did you fix it?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.