Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Epfever1  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 9:44:44 AM(UTC)
Epfever1

Groups: Registered

I have a Frigidaire/Electrolux Gas Dryer # GRGL642AS2 which is not drying clothes.** It does heat some....not completely cold.** I cleaned out everything.** Took out the solenoids. They measure between 300-2000 on the volt meter.** The igniter ignites and the flame stays on at the beginning of the cycle but not after I’ve opened the door and restarted it (which leads me to believe it doesn’t re-ignite during the cycle on it’s own). If I open & shut the door in the middle of the cycle, it will generally glow, but no flame comes on unless I manually stop and restart the dryer. I have videos, but don't see how I can post them on here.** What should I test next? Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 4:30:17 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
It sounds like one of the coils is "opening" its winding when it gets warm. Its a very common problem with all gas dryers. You would need to test the coils as soon as it quit lighting.

I usually just swap out the coils and see if that fixes it. Most of the time it does.

Frigidaire 5303931775 Dryer Gas Valve Coil Kit - AppliancePartsPros.com
afb2r  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 10:56:53 AM(UTC)
afb2r

ThatGuy, my dryer is having a similar problem where I get the first flame cycle, but after that my igniter lights up but no flame and I smell strong gas. Does this also sound like a similar coil problem? If so how and when should you test the coil (which terminals, during heating, etc.). I am sure OP and I would appreciate the walkthru! I'm handy but completely new to appliance diagnostic! Thanks!
asara  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 5:38:36 AM(UTC)
asara

[COLOR="Teal"]Same happened to me, I left the dryer on and went to get a corte de cabello, so that when I came back the cycle would be over, when I come I found my clothes still wet, I havent got to the solution of this I may have to just change it bc of the waranty[/COLOR]
afb2r  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 7:08:19 AM(UTC)
afb2r

I never got an answer back on my thread, but put a ton of time into diagnosis and learning it all myself and finally decided to replace my gas valve. It seems to have e fixed my problem. My dryer doesn't have replaceable coils or I would have attempted just the coil replacement as ThatGuy said. I would say if you've done a bit of homework on your issue and tested DC voltage on the coils and are getting the correct voltages after the igniter glows but no flame it is highly likely the issue is coils.

FYI my coils tested fine cool as far as resistance which led me down a rabbit hole of other diagnosis, but I never tested them hot as ThatGuy recommended. So even if you get a good resistance reading at room temp they can still be bad. It wasn't until I saw that my igniter was hot and I was getting 90+V and no flame I knew my issue was in the valve assembly.

Let me know if you need any other info.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply