Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lamf77  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:00:13 AM(UTC)
Lamf77

Groups: Registered

Hi,
Our old Amana has been slowly dripping water into the fridge for weeks. I fainlly go around to dealing with it today. Removed everything, unplugged and opened doors.
I took the drain assembly out from the back and it is not clogged.
I believe it may be something under the "floor" of the freezer. But for the life of me I can not get it out!
I see how it clips down in the from, but it appears it is somehow screwed in, but I can not find where the screws are?
Just wondering if I am missing something or what my next move is.
Somewhat desperate...
Thanks!
Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:44:04 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Its a fun job.......not.

You need to take both doors off and the center hinge. Then you need to pull the center part out. All the wiring and controls is in that center section as well as the drain pan and vents.

Image 2 on this parts diagram.
Parts for Amana TR25VW / P1196404W W: Interior Cabinet and Drain Block Assy Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

Often ice builds up under the freezer "floor" and its what is dripping. The drain is full of ice or was in the past.

Set aside a few hours to do this and make plans to put your food in coolers. I used to be able to do this in about 90 minutes. I used hot water and a shop vac to control the mess.

If the drain pan is full of ice you may need to add a 12 gauge copper wire to the defrost element, to help keep the drain clear. Its an old trick I was taught 30 years ago when I was a lot younger.