Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Building and Grounds  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 12:26:37 PM(UTC)
Building and Grounds

Groups: Registered

Hello all,

We have stacked Maytag washer/dryer unit at our dormitory facility, and the washer is not spinning out the water. It's a real mystery at this point.

Here's what we checked so far, based on info from previous posts.
The door-lock light goes on during the rinse and spin cycles, and I have checked the circuit board and R11 looks fine, and no other components on the board looked burned out.

I vac-ed out all the dust and checked a lot of the connectors, which also look fine to me.

I also checked the switch on the very bottom of the washer, and it does cut the circuit when the button is depressed.

I reached back and checked the belt which feels tight and in tact.

However it also seems like the water is not draining properly, so I disconnected the drain hose and used a wet vac to vac out the water, which was a lot left over at the end of the cycle. Even still, the following cycle still not spin and it seems like water is left in the washer because I hear it when I rotate the drum.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated! Thank you and hope you're having a great day.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.