Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kinny82  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 9:36:39 PM(UTC)
Kinny82

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Looking for some help. It's been over some time (approx. 2 years) since i've been trying to fix my KitchenAid fridge. My problem is about every 6-8 months, I have to do a complete defrost cycle (unplug for a couple of days), and remove all the ice buildup at the bottom of my freezer compartment - see picture attached.

At the same time, as ice starts building up, I noticed that my fridge side, where the air flow goes flows from the freezer to the fridge, that area becomes very cold and most of my food nearby usual turns frozen. My control board unit usually starts flashing "Over Temp Reset", and typically at this point in time, my freezer and fridge temperature monitor is whacked - for example: if my setting for my freezer is -13C (8F), it flashes -1C (30F) or around there...won't budge.

Here's what I've changed to-date:
1) Motor-evap & fan blade
2) Freezer Thermistor
3) Bi-Metal Defrost Thermostat

Every time, i clear the drain nipple and have tried adding a 12 gauge copper wire attached to the defrost heater going all the way down to the drain nipple, however this still didn't seem to work.

I am out of ideas what's causing this. Appreciate for any help / recommendations, or is the fridge done?

Thank you in advance!
K
Kinny82 attached the following image(s):
KitchenAid Freezer Ice Buildup.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.