Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MIrland  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 6:32:48 AM(UTC)
MIrland

Groups: Registered

My washer started leaving clothes very wet.
At first I thought drainage system was clogged - but I checked that and it is totally clear, and it is completely clearing all water.
In diagnostic mode all functions seem to work correctly except high spin. The machine will only spin a few times slowly then stop.

The door lock seems to be working appropriately - both in diagnostic mode and regular use- I can hear it lock and I can never open to door at an inappropriate time.

The only error code I have gotten is E59

The motor and the washer drum both spin freely. The motor does not hum when not in motion. The belt is in perfect shape.

If I try to run a cycle the machine fills with some water, then agitates a little (slowly), then sits for a long time with a light buzzing noise (I can't tell what's buzzing - it's not the motor, it's something towards the front of the washer but I can't remove the front panel and run the washer at the same time). The later it will fill with more water and lightly agitate. It seems to complete the cycle but never fully spins (it only once stopped cycle early with error code E59 displayed).

I'm torn between replacing the door lock anyway - as I see this has helped others (but all those other stated that high spin worked fine in diagnostic mode which mine does not) vs replacing the control board or the motor control.

I would really appreciate any assistance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 7:36:41 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
1st try resetting the machine by disconnecting the power wait for at least one minute then reconnect the power and try a wash cycle.
E59 means that the control board has not received a tachometer signal for at least 3 seconds.
In essence the machine doesn't know if the basket is spinning properly.
The reset may work. If not it may be a bad motor or sensor in the motor, bad motor control board or the main control board.
MIrland  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 8:34:47 AM(UTC)
MIrland

Thanks for the reply!

It has definitely been unplugged for that long as I had it unplugged the whole time I was cleaning out the drainage system/filter.

No improvement on restart. The only thing I didn't do is clear the error from the system - but I didn't think the residual error being saved on there would prevent further normal function. I will try clearing it just in case.

If not improvement, any suggestion on how to tell which part is the issue?
I haven't found many instructions and how to test each part separately!
THanks!
brobriffin  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 10:01:05 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Look inside the cabinet of your machine. On the inside of the walls or under the lid you should find a plastic ziplock looking bag attached. In it you will find the tech manual. It should lead you in the right direction to test those components.
MIrland  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 9:05:54 PM(UTC)
MIrland

I performed the full diagnostic and tests from the service manual inside the washer.

The motor seemed to test fine, so it recommended replacing the motor control board (there is no specific testing listed to check the control board, seems to be a matter of exclusion). I had read that the door lock was a common issue, so I tested that and it tested 1100 ohms and I read it should be 1500...so I ordered both the door lock and the motor control board. I installed each, and for each initially there was improvement but eventually errors started coming up again.
Initially it was E59 again, then E52 and E58. Then I got E9F. I thought maybe a wire was loose so I carefully checked them from motor control to control board. I found nothing loose, but it tested better after so I tried to run a load. It ran halfway through, then I got E59 again and it wouldn't finish.

Very frustrated.

The motor tested ok, and turns pretty freely so I don't think it's the problem...but most of the codes point to that.

I'm also considering the control board as it was throwing so many codes and a few times had an issue where the door stayed locked too long and I had to unplug it (before and after new door lock installed).

Appreciate any thoughts on all this!
brobriffin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 5:07:10 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Communication errors occur often where the wire connections tend to oxidize and or corrode being used in a moist environment.
I recommend disconnecting and cleaning all connections to and from the CCU and MCU as well as the other components.
Clean both the connector ends as well as the terminal points on each board. I use a wire / connector cleaner.
brobriffin attached the following image(s):
electric cleaner.jpeg
Mattina51  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 12:21:38 PM(UTC)
Mattina51

Hi, I've cleaned out the draining pump, but it still gives me this error. It washes the clothes, and drains most of the water out, but doesn't fully spin the final spin.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply