Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sauteman  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 7:37:28 AM(UTC)
sauteman

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I picked up a wine fridge and it was running/cooling just fine. Brought it home as carefully as possible (upright), when carrying into the house it was not 100% upright, but was for the most part. I set it in place and plugged in, sounded like the compressor was trying to start - but then nothing. I read that it's a good idea to let the fridge sit unplugged for a while so I tried this for a few hours. Plugged in again and then it worked - compressor came on, fridge cooled for a while. Now it has stopped again. Not sure what to do next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 8:43:44 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
When you plugged it in, there might have been some oil in the tubing from laying it down. When the pressure from the compressor hits the oil it forces it up the tube, blocking It.

It would probably require a sealed system repair to fix it. Things that you might notice with blocked tubing. Compressor runs, but much quieter than normal. The condenser coil stays about room temp. There might be a gurgling noise or percolating noise when it runs. It might be just really quiet and pull low amps.
sauteman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:13:04 AM(UTC)
sauteman

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply. I contacted Electrolux and provided the model num - It's 9 years old. They recommend to sit it upright for at least 24 hours to allow all the fluids to settle. Will give that a try I guess.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply