Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tae111  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:52:13 AM(UTC)
tae111

Groups: Registered

The bake element stopped working yesterday. I thought it was a burnt out element but when I removed it everything looked good. I checked it with a multi meter and there was continuity and also reads approximately 43 ohms. I checked the voltage between the two element wires with the element removed. It only shows 39 volts when the oven is turned on. The broiler element works fine.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tae111  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:00:39 AM(UTC)
tae111

I am thinking it may be the control board. Unfortunately I can only find repair services for this part as it is not available to purchase anywhere. Before I do that do you think it could be anything else causing the problem? The control board seems to work visually. Everything lights up as it should and it lets me select all the functions as usual. When I do select the bake button I can hear a click, click, sound like it's trying to send power to the element.
ThatGuy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 3:49:08 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
It sounds like a bad relay on the board. I would check for power at the bake relay. If its still missing at the board, you know its bad.

The contacts inside the relays eventually burn up, but the relay can be replaced.
tae111  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 6:34:46 AM(UTC)
tae111

Thanks. I have sent the board to Circuit Board Medics for repair. It's amazing that this stove is not that old but the part has been discontinued. I did find one on ******** but it was over $500.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply