Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
latinojuan  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:22:29 AM(UTC)
latinojuan

Groups: Registered

6 year old (i think...)

Here's the scenario.

I was doing my floor tile. Decided to tile under the dishwasher. Turned off water, etc, started to move it out. Decided no way, I'm not dealing with it. Pushed my dishwasher back in, and then I ran it a few times, wondering why my dishes weren't coming out clean. REALIZED that I never turned the water back on! Ugh. Turned it back on and tried it a few times. Noticed that the "sanitized" button was blinking. Ran it a few more times and it didn't go away.

So... I called a repairman. Told me that he was 99% sure I blew out my hearing element. He was really cool, basically told me how to fix it over the phone. Gave me the part numbers and everything.

I bought a new heating element and a new Thermostat. Found out how to test continuity.

I tested the OLD heating element, it said around 10.6 ohms. (Lowest setting on the digital multimeter, 200). Thought that maybe it wasn't broken after all?

Tested the NEW element, that said around 12.6 ohms. Hmm. Not much of a difference.

Tested both thermostats, new and old, and both said 00.0. So, I think both show continuity.

So...I didn't know where my problem was. Put everything back together in case something magical happened and it was fixed, but that was not the case.

Also, thought maybe it was a blown thermal fuse (dishwasher only had one fuse I can buy, so figure there's only one), but if that was the case, it wouldn't work at all, right? Cuz now it runs and everything, only the dishes aren't "sanitized" and they aren't coming out piping hot like usual.

SO... what should I do? Is my old element showing continuity but is still broken? Is 2 Ohms a big difference between the old and new element?

Should I put the new one in? I just didn't want to install it and have it not fixed and then not be able to return the parts. But if it's the problem, of course I'll use it.

Any ideas? Anything I'm forgetting?

Thanks for any input!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.