Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WoodyTX  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 12:19:21 PM(UTC)
WoodyTX

Groups: Registered

I noticed some water in the bottom of our dishwasher, so I started troubleshooting. Various sites on the Internet point me towards the solenoid, pump, and filters.

Filters are clear, as best I could tell. I couldn't remove the jet arms (rotor?), but I did manage to remove the filters, and replace the ball. They weren't dirty at all.

I detached the drain from the garbage disposal, and tested it. Flow is about like a man relieving himself. (Sorry for the imagery, but that's the most accurate description.)

Drain solenoid is cycling as it seems it should. I can see the flap moving inside the housing.

Bypassed the door lock, and tested the cycles. After cleaning up the floor and myself, I noticed that during the drain cycle, a lot of water is flowing around the rotor base and through the drain. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not, but it's certainly happening.

Inflow works fine. Jets work great (as my shirt, glasses, face, and half the kitchen will attest).

We have replaced the silverware basket, because the old one was starting to crack. I has occurred to me that a piece may have lodged itself somewhere, but it was replaced over a year ago, and this is recent event.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.