Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JJCOOL  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 7:17:53 PM(UTC)
JJCOOL

Groups: Registered

Looking for some help, my dryer is making a loud vibration noise. i took the dryer completely apart and cant find a thing, dont seem to be any of the rollers and cleaned the blower wheel, vacuumed all the lint out, need some advice. Seems to be coming near motor area but cant find anything wrong. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2017 7:12:06 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Idler pulleys are pretty common on those, it's what keeps the belt tight.

If that spins freely and doesn't have a groove cut into it or other obvious issues there's not much else besides the motor; those are not common but they do develop bearing issues at times and make noise..

Double check that there is nothing on the blower, anything substantial (dryer sheets) stuck to it makes it vibrate loudly.

I usually diagnose by sound, as the different circumference parts spin at different speeds. If you could shoot a video or even audio and post it may be recognizable.
JJCOOL  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2017 8:00:33 AM(UTC)
JJCOOL

Its very strange, it only happens when i use a heated cycle, in air dry every thing spins quiet, no noise. I cleaned the whole dryer of lint, had it apart twice and cant find nothing wrong. I put on a new belt on, i cant figure it out , it only happens when the heat comes on.
PNWDrew  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2017 8:15:05 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Ok, that is useful. Since this has a removable lower panel you can access it while running. Bad gas valve coils will buzz, sometimes loudly. That's my first guess. Is it heating normally still? No increase in dry times?

Otherwise take something nonconductive (nothing should be electrically hot that you can easily touch but caution beats a bad shock) and start pushing or pulling on things down there and see if you find any part that changes the sound. It sounds low tech and it is but often IDs the problem. I've found coins and objects sitting under motor mounts or in the stamped edges of the base; wires, bullets, and any anything else you can imagine making noises that may come and go as the machine heats and cools.

If it is immediately as ignitor is powered you might start in that area, without hearing it myself the options are wide open.
JJCOOL  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2017 8:37:02 AM(UTC)
JJCOOL

I have done that, watched everything, took apart again pushed pulled put rubber pads under some things, used a mechanic stethoscope on all the parts. it runs great on air dry, soon as i put on heated cycle, it sounds like it will blow up, so crazy.
PNWDrew  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2017 8:42:03 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

It's gotta be in the burner system then. Can you get an audio or video?
JJCOOL  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2017 10:46:27 AM(UTC)
JJCOOL

Replaced blower wheel because only part that would be effected by the heat because its plastic. it must of had a hairline fracture in it, because it corrected the problem. all good
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply