Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andrewb4814  
#31 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 3:59:28 AM(UTC)
Andrewb4814

Groups: Registered

Just fixed this problem after nearly three years. The heating probe, which is just a piece of aluminim hanging over the dfrost heating element and down into the drain was broken. The part that was supposed to extend down into the drain was literally broken off. So the water froze in the drain hole then back up freezing the drain collection surface and then would start running down the back panel and under the cripser drawers.

Fixed it by orderering a whirlpool heating probe, just another piece of aluminum, no wiring. But much larger than the samsung probe. Slightly bent it over e heating element and extended down into the drain. Problem solved.

I also saw a neat DIY online where a guy used Romex and coiled his copper wire around a piece of aluminum and hung that down the drain hole and then hung the Romex on the heating element, that would work too.

This fridge has been a nightmare, samsung sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LHJ88@comcast.net  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2015 12:46:56 PM(UTC)
LHJ88@comcast.net

Ours used to pool water inside where the filter is located. Now it is pooling under the frig at the front leg areas. Help??
jjkyle4  
#33 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 7:38:09 PM(UTC)
jjkyle4

Check out this Youtube video fix.

https://youtu.be/NcSM-DrsqB4
kendil  
#34 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 10:44:35 AM(UTC)
kendil

join the listening
UserPostedImage
whoipowell  
#35 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 7:47:01 AM(UTC)
whoipowell

I removed the interior cover and defrosted as suggested by many on this forum. Drain remained clogged.

I subsequently removed the back cover, finding the drains to the evaporator pan on the lower right (as facing the back of the refrigerator). This plastic tube (~1 inch diameter) is easily removed without tools. A duckbill valve at the top was clogged with gunk. Water rushed out as soon as I removed it. If you try this, be sure to hold a cup underneath.

As usual, I got the idea from youtube: https://youtu.be/Uk987Q5FExk

I nonetheless installed the replacement probe from heating element into condensate drain tube.
oldbeek  
#36 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 12:09:22 PM(UTC)
oldbeek

my defrost heater unit was bad. Check each end of the wires to it. No continuity,, element is bad.
#37 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 11:48:24 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have the same water leak problem and noticed the fridge area isn’t as cold. Mine is the Samsung RT29F model and so help me I can’t find the screws. I am seeing no part on the temp control with screws. Maybe that’s not where I should be looking? I looked up a ton of videos to unclog the drain And not seeing anything with this model. This model has no screws. And I’m afraid to pull it off in as I may break it.