Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
greenman1985  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 4:07:54 PM(UTC)
greenman1985

Groups: Registered

I've got a 2009 LG electric range, model LRE30757. One of the terminals on the oven relay board (or PCB assembly) burnt up. I replaced the entire board (LG model number EBR32401002). The same terminal burnt up a few days later. It's one of the terminals for the "bake" function of the oven.

It would seem there's too much heat coming from the wire to the terminal. Or is it something else? In any case, I'm wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this and if it's something I can fix on my own.

The image below has an arrow pointing to the terminal that keeps getting burnt up.

http://imgur.com/a/szApT
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

greenman1985  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 9:02:22 AM(UTC)
greenman1985

Groups: Registered

UPDATE: I called an appliance repair guy and explained the problem just to see what he thought. He says there's probably a short in the wire somewhere, but he's not sure he'd be able to fix it. He says it's probably not worth his coming over to my house and that I should probably just get a new range.

Any thoughts, folks? Is he right or is he just too lazy to come to my place and look at it?

It seems like a wire could just be replaced...

...if that's all it is.

I don't see any damage to the wire that was connected to the burnt terminal, and I can see the entire wire. It's a bit brown on the ends compared to the others – I guess because so much heat has moved through it.

I welcome any suggestions or input!
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2022 9:40:15 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have the exact same problem. Did you figure anything out I still want to fix mine and not have to buy a new one?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply