Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
skid2964  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:07:57 PM(UTC)
skid2964

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool clothes washer that works normally but there is a clicking or popping noise between some cycles. The sound is very similar to the sound of the lid lock engaging, but is louder. It does this a couple of times then everything continues as normal. I'm concerned if I don't figure this out and fix this, it may fail.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:25:50 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

The shifters make some noises as they shift between spin and agitate. Try putting it in spin. Does it make the noise before moving basket? If not stop it once it begins to spin and when it's ready, start a rinse and spin. That'll get you both shift modes. If it is those noises it is normal.
There is also a test routine for all functions but that is a bit of explaining, we won't go that far yet.
skid2964  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:30:50 PM(UTC)
skid2964

I will test as suggested but this noise is UN-usually loud and doesn't sound normal. it didn't make these sounds for the first several months after we bought it.
PNWDrew  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:36:06 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

So new noises then. It's probably not that shifter. That'll be difficult to diagnose by description. Any way you can get a video with decent audio? The pumps can make a stuttering noise as they start, or the wiring harness is hitting somewhere, or any number of things.
Also if it's under warranty still use it.