Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe / APP Team  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 9:01:20 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Silverlock Go to Quoted Post
I have a similar question. My Whirlpool side-by-side has a rubber oval covering the refrigerator end of the ice maker wiring harness that I haven't been able to remove.

The original ice maker stopped working and got hot enough that I could smell it with the refrigerator closed. I replaced the entire unit (except for the wiring harness) but the new one doesn't seem to be working. I tried jumpering V-L to activate the water valve and nothing happened. I also tried jumpering T-H to start a cycle and nothing happened.

I'm suspecting the heat fuse on the original wiring harness, but I can't detach it from the refrigerator to test it or replace it with the one that came with the new ice maker.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Mike, There is a locking tab on the wire harness connector that when you insert it into the icemaker connector has to be pressed and locked in place. Sometimes it's easier to use a mall flat blade screwdriver and insert it into the connector enough to raise the area around the tab then pull out on the harness to remove it. Then you can insert the replacement harness and complete the installation.

Under the circumstances, you may want to check for power at the refrigerator harness connector. You have to be careful, this is a live voltage test. With the icemaker removed, use a multi meter or test light and place the probes across the black and white wire terminals of the harness connector. You should read 120 VAC or the test light should illuminate. If you have the voltage, then proceed with the repair, the thermal fuse in the harness is "blown" If you don't have the voltage at the harness connector, then the harness inside the refrigerator wall is damaged and there is no repair to make, a broken, damaged wire inside the cabinet can't be repaired
properly.
Silverlock  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 5:33:54 PM(UTC)
Silverlock

Groups: Registered

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your quick reply; sorry my own answer was so slow in coming.

I removed the ice maker and tested the voltage across the black & white wires in the harness - I get no voltage. Do you think it's worth testing further? I could strip small sections of the black wire above and below the fuse to test, or I could just replace the section of the black wire that has the fuse in it with a section and fuse from one of the other harnesses I now have lying around.

Thanks again for your help,
Mike
Joe / APP Team  
#13 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 5:48:04 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your quick reply; sorry my own answer was so slow in coming.

I removed the ice maker and tested the voltage across the black & white wires in the harness - I get no voltage. Do you think it's worth testing further? I could strip small sections of the black wire above and below the fuse to test, or I could just replace the section of the black wire that has the fuse in it with a section and fuse from one of the other harnesses I now have lying around.

Thanks again for your help,
Mike

Mike, You may want to "splice" a section of the black wire with the fuse, into the existing harness. Just make sure you do it properly with solder and "shrink wrap" over the splices. Make sire you mount the fuse to the ice maker mold assembly. That may keep you going until we can find the proper ice maker wire harness for a proper repair. It appears the Part number: AP6006032
Part number: AP6006032
would be the part to order at this point.
Jeep85  
#14 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 1:59:49 PM(UTC)
Jeep85

Hey Joe can you help me. I have a WP Refg. gsc25c4eyy00, i have replaced the inlet valve, the double inlet valve, both optic boards in freezer, ice maker, and now the main board. Still now ice. No power to the ice maker wiring harness. What am i doing wrong. 5 1/2 years old. I've dropped over $600.00 and still no ice.
v/r,
SFC Dunn/Jeep85
Joe / APP Team  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:23:30 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Jeep85 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Joe can you help me. I have a WP Refg. gsc25c4eyy00, i have replaced the inlet valve, the double inlet valve, both optic boards in freezer, ice maker, and now the main board. Still now ice. No power to the ice maker wiring harness. What am i doing wrong. 5 1/2 years old. I've dropped over $600.00 and still no ice.
v/r,
SFC Dunn/Jeep85

Jeep, Let's start with some basics, hopefully you have a multi meter, start at the main control board, check for 120 VAC across P1/2 white wire and P3/4 black/white wire, you should read 120 VAC. if not faulty wire connection or faulty main control board. The check for 120 VAC from the black/white wire to chassis ground at the ice maker connector, no voltage, recheck from the black/white wire to the white/brown wire, No voltage on either test, the thermal fuse on the black white wire is open/blown.
At the dispenser control board, check the J5 connector. Across J5/1 red to J5/3 black/white wires, you should read 14 VDC. This circuit is the power supply to the emitter and receiver boards, no voltage would indicate a faulty user interface board or wiring issue. These are voltage checks, so be careful, and make sure you have the refrigerator power cord plugged in and the freezer door switch taped down and all the ice maker components are in position and activated. Let us know what you find and we'll go from there.
Jeep85  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:58:11 AM(UTC)
Jeep85

Thank you, it will be 1700hrs when I get home. I'm in Alabama Central time. Any way I can Call you after five?
Joe / APP Team  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:31:05 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Jeep85 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you, it will be 1700hrs when I get home. I'm in Alabama Central time. Any way I can Call you after five?

Jeep85, Unfortunately we're in the EST zone and will be away from the office by the time you get home. reply to this post, include an e mail address or area code and phone number, so we can try and set something up to help you out. We can delete the information (this is a public forum) you supplied and go from there. Thanks,
Jeep85  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 4:51:29 AM(UTC)
Jeep85

Good morning Joe,

Call or Email.

phillip.t.dunn.nfg@mail.mil
334-260-6364
0500-1530hrs
Thank you,
SFC D.
Silverlock  
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 5:01:21 PM(UTC)
Silverlock

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Mike, You may want to "splice" a section of the black wire with the fuse, into the existing harness. Just make sure you do it properly with solder and "shrink wrap" over the splices. Make sire you mount the fuse to the ice maker mold assembly. That may keep you going until we can find the proper ice maker wire harness for a proper repair. It appears the Part number: AP6006032
Part number: AP6006032
would be the part to order at this point.

Hi Joe,

I actually have two extra complete wiring harnesses that came with ice-makers. The problem is that I can't remove the old harness because it doesn't have a removable connector on the fridge end - the wires go straight into the freezer wall through a rubber grommet I haven't been able to remove.

I'll try splicing in a new fuse and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for your help!

Mike
Joe / APP Team  
#20 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 6:36:35 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Hi Joe,

I actually have two extra complete wiring harnesses that came with ice-makers. The problem is that I can't remove the old harness because it doesn't have a removable connector on the fridge end - the wires go straight into the freezer wall through a rubber grommet I haven't been able to remove.

I'll try splicing in a new fuse and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Mike, OK, make sure you get the splices tight and sealed so moisture or condensation can't get in the harness and create problems. Keep in touch.