Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kkranzo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 7:19:23 PM(UTC)
kkranzo

Groups: Registered

I have a KitchenAid KBFS20EVMS4 model bottom freezer unit that just recently stopped filling the ice maker and making ice. So I then went and purchased a certified complete ice maker replacement part (whole assembly) and installed the new unit. The unit ended up filling with water and freezing the ice cubes, however the unit is not discharging the ice cubes.

What else could be wrong since the whole unit was replaced?

NOTE: I also replaced the water filter
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 10:22:57 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Groups: Registered

I'f you pull the white front cover off the IM you see a bunch of holes around the central gear. Take a piece of insulated wire with 1" stripped off both ends and insert it in the holes marked T and H. This jumps the thermostat and starts the cycle.

Once you hear a click you can remove the wire. The IM should continue around and eject, then refill. That thermostat requires 15 degrees to start the harvest cycle. If it doesn't harvest the next load after 2 hours, check that the freezer is below 15 degrees.

Look for frost buildup on back wall inhibiting air flow, you may stay below freezing but not below 15 degrees even if freezer seems cold.

You may need to have door closed or switch taped to power the IM, I'm not sure it it gets power if door is open, often not on bottom freezer models.

Also verify that you got the long white part of the harness back into it's clip against the mold.