Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
roadworm  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 5:31:10 AM(UTC)
roadworm

Groups: Registered

This morning I noticed the fridge was too warm again after just replacing the heater coils about two weeks ago.
Before replacing the heaters the whole evaporator was covered in heavy frost, but this morning when I opened it up I discovered that half way between the two heaters it is a solid block of ice about 6" tall and almost like a perfect ice cube consistency. The rest of the coils were completely clear.

What can cause a block of ice like this? It is almost like the heaters don't turn on long enough and water drips down onto cold coils and turns to ice and stays. I had replaced my defrost timer a couple years ago but it was working fine up until the heater broke. I guess the heater included a new defrost thermostat as part of the assembly, can that be related?

It almost seems like it could be water coming from the ice maker but I don't see how it would get there.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.