Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IDesai  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:55:44 PM(UTC)
IDesai

Groups: Registered

Hi guys - I have a noisy whirlpool fridge, model WRS321CDBM, and wanted to know what was making the sound. It is a side by side model refrigerator with the sound is loudest in the top of the fridge compartment by the air cartridge. It sounds like scratching, followed by a turnover. See the video below for the sound. Both the freezer and fridge work well, and my only concern is the sound which has been getting worse.

Thanks.

youtube video:
https://youtu.be/r4GIGDHhLCI
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 8:24:42 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

That's probably your damper behind that cover, it opens and closes to regulate fresh food (FF) side temps. If you were to remove the plastic cover there you'd see a white plastic door opening and closing, or trying to. That sounds like the motor cycling to find it's location and failing.

If it fails you'll have temp issues within 24hrs. I'd replace it unless it is being blocked by ice build up or foreign objects.

If it fails prior to replacing it you can get away with blocking it open partially while the part comes. You may see lower items freeze but at least it will not be warm.
Whirlpool W10837808 Diffuser - AppliancePartsPros.com
IDesai  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 1:42:45 PM(UTC)
IDesai

*Edit *Already installed, let's hope correctly.
Thanks PNWDrew, so I bought the diffuser from the site - and I want to know how to install it.

I looked at a lot of whirlpool videos of older model fridges and couldn't get it.
After cutting off the power, how do I remove the panel on the freezer compartment? Also, do I just snap/pivot (no screws) the diffuser plastic housing in the fridge compartment.

Next, do I just swap the old diffuser for the new one, or are there thermal probes/wires that I need to be aware of?

Thanks.
PNWDrew  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:20:41 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

You'll be going in through fridge side. I believe the cover snaps off. I think there's a little slot to get it started. After that it should be pretty obvious. I'd be more specific but I usually figure these kind of things out on the fly because I think I'm out of memory space.
IDesai  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:11:56 PM(UTC)
IDesai

Thanks, I figured it out. You were exactly right.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply