Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RPollard  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2017 10:26:34 AM(UTC)
RPollard

Groups: Registered

I turn on the dryer and it seems to work properly. It spins and is hot inside. After about 30 seconds it's tripping the breaker (both breakers are connected with a bar). I pulled off the back of the dryer and cleaned all the connections that had some lint built up on them. All the wires appeared to be connected fine with no loose wires or burn marks. I started the dryer again and the same thing happens. I did not pull off the front of the dryer to see if any electrical connections were dirty with lint. What should I check next?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2017 5:21:32 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Starting with he electric itself.
1. Pull the electric cord from the socket and see if there is evidence of a short circuit. Look at both of the flat prongs to see if they have burn marks.
2. With the electric disconnected remove the cover from the electric terminal block. See if there is any shorted, burnt or loose connections on the incoming power.
Now move on to check for shorts in the system. With the system still unplugged.
1. Check for continuity between the right side connection at the terminal block and any spot on the case of the machine.
2. Do the same for the left side.
If you have continuity between either hot leg and the case then there is an internal short. I would suspect to look first at a short between the heating element and its case. Check for continuity between either heating element connection and its case then the other. If not this may still be the case but the element is not touching the case until it gets hot and sags a little. You can check to see if there is some sagging by pulling of the heating case and look at the gap inside between the wiring and the case.

If not then it might be your motor is going bad and drawing to many amps as it heats up. Do you hear a buzzing or humming sound when you start the machine.

Try these checks and let us know the results.
brobriffin  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2017 5:28:10 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
One more thought that it may be a weak circuit breaker.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply