Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SolomonMan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 10:28:47 AM(UTC)
SolomonMan

Groups: Registered

All,
Bought this refrigerator almost a year and half ago.

It was a scratch and dent from Sears. It has two small dings in the front door lower but everything else was perfect shape and price was reasonable.

Worked great since purchase but when I came home last night the temp was reading 54 degrees in refrigerator and 0 in freezer. The Hi Temp alarm was marked as off.

I will mention the freezer has experienced severe icing which we have blamed on our younger children opening the lower freezer constantly but this has been limited (kids) recently.

Asked wife if she messed with any settings last night and she said no.

I hit the factory default button which the refrigerator within 30 minutes was back at the normal 37 degrees and freezer was still at 0.

So I went to bed along with all kids....I awoke first and again this morning to find it in the lower 50's and Alarm button in the off position. The refrigerator before I left today for work said HiTemp.

I will be honest the refrigerator could use a good cleaning (5 kids/two working parents)....and the Icing is still bad in the lower freezer....I have set the wife to clean out the refrigerator today....Should I clean out the freezer as well and just turn everything off and let it sit a day or so.

I am guessing the temperature resetting is some process to thaw out something that is frozen/blocked. Being a little over a year and the freezer reading 0 degrees I am guessing its not major problem....Any suggestions or Ideas?

Thanks
Chris
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.