Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richbaytree  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 4, 2017 8:37:18 PM(UTC)
richbaytree

Groups: Registered

I bought this used and it has no stickers on it. Does anyone know what the model number is?

The fridge stopped cooling properly about a week ago. The condenser is pretty much always running. The freezer is cold like a normal fridge and the fridge portion is semi-cold but not near a fridge temp. It has been this way for a couple weeks now so it must be holding refrigerant.

Does this sound like a common problem for these whirlpool fridges from around 2006-2008? All the fans are working... ?? Temp control? I dont want to throw money away at parts hoping this is common

Thanks very much,

Rich
richbaytree attached the following image(s):
IMG_7473.JPG
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 4, 2017 10:02:15 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

I can't guess model # but here's the basic steps I do for old style SxS diagnosis:
1) freezer conditions. Fan? Door switch? Any visible frost on rear wall or ice on bottom? Is it below 15F?
2) fridge side. While holding door switch in is cold air blowing in from freezer side through the damper in top left? Odd noises from top left of fridge side? Does door switch actually work.

If freezer is normal temp, freezer fan runs, there's no ice present and fridge is warm the damper is suspect.
Check that stuff out, particularly whether the freezer (evap) fan is able to push cold air into fridge side. I think the damper is easily accessible from inside fridge side under a cover.

When I'm not using this tablet I can explain any of that better, if you need it. typing on this thing is slow going.
richbaytree  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 11:19:14 AM(UTC)
richbaytree

Thanks for your reply. Please see reply in CAPS below:

1) freezer conditions. Fan? Door switch? Any visible frost on rear wall or ice on bottom? Is it below 15F?

FAN AND DOOR SWITCH ARE WORKING PROPERLY IN FREEZER. I REMOVED THE BACK PANEL AND THE COILS ARE DRY, NO ICE. IT IS NOT BELOW 15F. IT WILL NOT FREEZE A GLASS OF WATER. IT COOLS IT TO ABOUT A NORMAL FRIDGE TEMP but will not freeze anything

2) fridge side. While holding door switch in is cold air blowing in from freezer side through the damper in top left? YES
Odd noises from top left of fridge side? NONE
Does door switch actually work. YES

If freezer is normal temp, freezer fan runs, there's no ice present and fridge is warm the damper is suspect. ALL THAT IS TRUE EXCEPT THE FREEZER IS NOT NORMAL TEMP AND WILL NOT FREEZE WATER OR MAKE ICE

Check that stuff out, particularly whether the freezer (evap) fan is able to push cold air into fridge side. YES, IT DOES

THANKS AND PLEASE DO ADVISE WHEN YOU'RE ABLE.

RICH