Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
supermoverbros  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 10:10:53 AM(UTC)
supermoverbros

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Long time no post. My appliance selling venture lasted about 2 months. It was too time consuming, but it did help me learn a bit, where to get parts and best of all, this forum.

This time its my personal washer. I bought it from a local used appliance store, paid the 4 month extended warranty, (its only been 2.5months) but I cant find the invoice and they won't honor it. Oh well, I run a business and I get it. I am wondering if you guys can help.

It washes, rinses and spins fine. But at the end, it doesn't release all the water so the clothes are still soaked. It gave an error "IE".

Can someone here point me in the right direction? Got a family here with clothes mounting.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:02:48 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

IE is inlet error. Weird to get it at end of cycle. I'd expect it at beginning of rinse. It's often an clogged cold water valve. Select a cold wash or Rinse and Spin and see if it fills with cold water. If so run through the test mode and see if all steps work.

Test mode: Press and hold SOIL LEVEL and SPIN SPEED then press POWER. A few models have had different entry buttons. It's always some combo of WASH TEMP, SOIL, SPIN then power.

It should enter a diagnostic test and all lights come on. The door will lock in a few seconds.
You advance to next step by pressing START. If the step is a motion it'll show RPM on the screen, during valves and drain its water level. That # will decrease as it fills, stopping at 229 or 230 at absolute max level. After that no valve will be opened so if you get there before doing all valves just advance to drain and when it's empty and powers off start test over. If
Steps of test are:
Tumble
Spin medium
Spin high
All 4 (?) valves individually, changing with each press of START
Heater
Tumble
Drain and exit

Tumble and heater steps may be reversed, I don't recall.
supermoverbros  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:17:08 PM(UTC)
supermoverbros

Originally Posted by: PNWDrew Go to Quoted Post
IE is inlet error. Weird to get it at end of cycle. I'd expect it at beginning of rinse. It's often an clogged cold water valve. Select a cold wash or Rinse and Spin and see if it fills with cold water. If so run through the test mode and see if all steps work.

Test mode: Press and hold SOIL LEVEL and SPIN SPEED then press POWER. A few models have had different entry buttons. It's always some combo of WASH TEMP, SOIL, SPIN then power.

It should enter a diagnostic test and all lights come on. The door will lock in a few seconds.
You advance to next step by pressing START. If the step is a motion it'll show RPM on the screen, during valves and drain its water level. That # will decrease as it fills, stopping at 229 or 230 at absolute max level. After that no valve will be opened so if you get there before doing all valves just advance to drain and when it's empty and powers off start test over. If
Steps of test are:
Tumble
Spin medium
Spin high
All 4 (?) valves individually, changing with each press of START
Heater
Tumble
Drain and exit

Tumble and heater steps may be reversed, I don't recall.

I did Cold only and it seems clogged. I hear a "pss" and instant stop. a few times. No water came out.

What should I do to unclog the cold valve?
supermoverbros  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:19:28 PM(UTC)
supermoverbros

Is it fixable or do i need to replace the part?
brobriffin  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2017 7:04:02 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This makes sense being that all rinses are cold it gets stopped on the final cycle.
First turn off the cold faucet valve and disconnect the cold line from the washer. hold the end in a bucket or something and turn on the valve to see if the hose flows freely.
Look at the inlet port on the back of the machine to see if the screen filter is clogged.
if not and the hose flows freely then you likely need to replace the inlet valve.
Also please double check to see if you've typed in the model number correctly. It may begin with a DLE or DLG or WM prefix.