Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tfrasch  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:35:55 AM(UTC)
tfrasch

Groups: Registered

After reading all these threads, I called about my 2005 GE Profile fridge. They insisted it wasn't a RECALL because it wasn't a safety issue. They called it a service bulletin. Guy said my fridge was included in the time period available for it but that the warranty and the time allowed for the service had expired. He told me their cost on the board was $94 but that they would offer it to me for $75 + tax and ship it next day ($14.95) but only charge the regular shipping of $5. I had seen a post where someone got it for $50 so I tried and he refused. I asked for a supervisor and got one after a long wait. She told me the same thing and I again tried to get it for cheaper. I read about the capacitors on there that are the problem. Thousands of bad capacitors shipped all over the world that will eventually fail. She said they can't drop the price. I ordered it and figured I'll look into the bad capacitor problem more and see if the gov't had mandated free replacement.

Just wanted to post this to inform people that they still sell this board to you at a discount if you have the same issue.

I had found these for $100-$200