Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike-DIY  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2017 7:34:33 PM(UTC)
Mike-DIY

Groups: Registered

Due to an E68 error I replaced my dryer's control board (Part No. 123523202). Repair seems to be successful. Except now the program knob setting doesn't align with the dryer's digital readout. For example the dryer's 20 minute setting on the knob actually sets the dryer to a 120 minute drying time.

At first I thought this was an easy fix and I had just aligned the knob flange/bezel wrong (by 180 degrees). But upon closer inspection I realized the pin and flange can only be installed one way.

Is this simply a case where the replacement part is slightly different than the original part? Seems strange I can't get them to match.

Thanks

Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2017 7:06:12 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Can you provide a complete model #? The part # looks like frigidaire format but they've only made laundry centers for Kenmore recently. It'll be 110 something, or 795 perhaps
Mike-DIY  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 1:44:22 AM(UTC)
Mike-DIY

Originally Posted by: PNWDrew Go to Quoted Post
Can you provide a complete model #? The part # looks like frigidaire format but they've only made laundry centers for Kenmore recently. It'll be 110 something, or 795 perhaps

It is an Electrolux 970-C87192-10. Factory Parts Catalogue is online here ftp://ftp.electrolux-na.com/pr...f/webster/5995497491.pdf
PNWDrew  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 5:50:18 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Cool that's a frigidaire model. E-lux bought them a while back. It's possible you've ended up with an incorrect board, that would not surprise me. I've seen it many times. It's actually a reasonably reliable model. You'll do rear bearing eventually and front felts but I like them.

I know you mentioned this but double (or triple check) whether you got that little pin that mates the knob to the board in it's correct place. It's #4 on the controls page of that parts list. It has a little tab on it to allow it to lock into the control board prior to the board going in. If the proper cycle times seem to exist in other places than labeled that pin may be incorrectly mounted.

I don't recall a model # jumper on the board on that style, but if you have the original still look for a plug with only 1 wire looping back into itself.

Finally, some controls will "learn". I'm not sure that Elux will but if that machine actually runs normally let it do it's thing and look away. If it's sensing properly, it'll adjust times during the cycle and end in a reasonable time frame.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply