Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmeander  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 5:23:44 AM(UTC)
jmeander

Groups: Registered

I have a custom-panel version of this model, with the control strip located on the top of the door. Over the last 18 months or so the start/reset switch would sporadically have trouble recognizing a press. The frequency of trouble progressed to the point I just resorted to hand-washing my dishes. Every so often I'll check the start button and if I can get it to react, I'll run a load successfully. At this point it hasn't responded in the last several weeks so it appears to be dead.

The other control "buttons" are fine - cycle changes, heated dry, etc., all respond. I've completely killed power to it, locked/unlocked the unit (via Heated Dry) and done everything I can think of to the unit to try and "reset" it.

I'd replaced the door latch a couple years ago because the little plastic tab that holds the door closed broke - completely inadequate build for the weight of a custom panel on the door. That part was $85 for a tiny piece of plastic; ugh. I've been so generally disgusted with the quality and performance of this unit from day one that I don't want to put any real money into parts or a repair. Money's always tight, however, so before I bite the bullet and go shopping, is there anything I can try to get the start function to respond?

Thanks much!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.