Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OUberLord  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 7:15:55 PM(UTC)
OUberLord

Groups: Registered

I've found my dryer to be inoperable today, and have started the troubleshooting process. What was found was that while the light in the barrel comes on, and the door switch seems to operate properly, the dryer will not start when the start button is pressed and a valid setting is on the dial.

Here's what I've done so far:

Thermal switch: Tested for continuity (got good tone from my multimeter, didn't check resistance). Seems to test ok.

Start switch: Tested for continuity from one of the side terminals to the "middle" terminal. Exact part is this: WP3398094

Here's where I get slightly out of my depth. It appears that I can get continuity when I am testing the normally open circuit and the button is pressed. Additionally, I do not when the button is released.

However, I do not get any continuity across the normally closed circuit, regardless of the state of the button.

Does this indicate a bad switch? In theory the button press action still completes a circuit, but I don't know if the fact that I'm not getting continuity across the button released state means anything or not.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.