Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kewarren6  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 5:52:17 PM(UTC)
kewarren6

Groups: Registered

I believe there is an issue with the capacitor on my 10,000 btu samsung window air conditioner. I recently tried running it with a generator and accidentally had it plugged in before the generator was started and ever since then it hasn't worked properly. At first the AC would turn on but only the fan would run (no compressor) and the touch sensitive buttons on the display were not working. I tried unplugging and plugging back in and now there's no display at all, but I still get the small "beep" that happens when it's plugged in. Based on my research I believe it needs a new capacitor. I've researched online what i believe to be the correct replacement but not I'm not sure if it will work because some of the letters are different. The important numbers (voltage,etc) are a match but after doing some research I cannot find what the other numbers/letters mean. Attached is a picture of the current capacitor and also a picture of what I intend on using for the replacement. The current one reads SH CBB65 c p2 whereas the new one reads CBB65A-1. What is the meaning of the SH C p 2 and the a-1? I cannot find this anywhere online. Your help is greatly appreciated!
kewarren6 attached the following image(s):
IMG_5159.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 6.39.14 PM.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:20:32 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
That capacitor would work, but I don't think its your problem.

I'd say that something blew on your control board. That's why have no display. Without a functioning control board the compressor will never start.

BTW The capacitor is either a "run" or a "start" capacitor and if your board was working, what you would hear is the relay clicking and a pretty loud hum as the compressor tried to start. Or started and then bogged down and stopped again if the capacitor was bad.
kewarren69  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:39:44 PM(UTC)
kewarren69

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply, I had to create a new profile because for some reason the other one wouldn't let me log in. If something blew on the control board, would it make sense that sporadically the display will turn on (displaying 75) but none of the buttons function to change settings. In addition to the display turning on, only the fan is running with no compressor. This is what happens only sometimes I attempted to plug in, while other times when I plugged it in only the beep would occur and no display at all. If it is something on the control board, how would I go about testing which part it is? Thanks!!
ThatGuy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 1:08:20 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Unless you are really good at repairing electronics or if the damage was easily visible, it would be pretty hard to repair it.

Probably the generator surged the control board and damaged it somehow. It could be a half fried chip that looks normal or it could be a damaged capacitor or diode that shows signs of being shorted or burnt.

When you plug it in its randomly activating things but there is no part sensing keyboard commands. For most people its time for s new AC or control board.

If you should happen to did in farther and can post high res pics of the back of the board, it would be interesting and maybe helpful to see them.

Oh, and a model number would help too.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply