Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bremen242  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 4:12:13 PM(UTC)
bremen242

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone--

My wife was complaining that the oven didn't seem to be baking.

The oven would work for a while and shut off. I did a bit of research, and I replaced the igniter on the oven, as I find some information that it was some sort of thermal couple.

Anyway, that didn't fix the problem, especially since I realized that the broiler is doing the exact same thing.

The oven will turn on instantly, and it will starting heating up. It will run for a minute or two. Then, it will shut off. After 30 seconds, it will restart and burn for a while. It will eventually stay off. The oven always "thinks" it is working; the control panel says that it is baking or broiling.

I am wondering what my next steps would be. It doesn't seem like an issue with the gas regulator; it seems like a temperature sensor or control board.

Any ideas? Would like to narrow it down before dropping $$$$ on a control board.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.