Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ragmop  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 6:10:12 AM(UTC)
ragmop

Groups: Registered

In replacing the springs in this unit, my friend dropped the outer door and broke the glass. He had really taken off a lot of parts that didn't need to be removed - the door frame, the side fillers, the control panel vent, the oven door vent.
I have purchased a new outer door and we replaced everything and it all looks fine.
My question is whether or not I should hire a repair person with a microwave meter to check if the unit is OK before I actually use it.
Thanks for the info.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 5:01:25 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
As long as the door is assembled correctly and all the parts are in it, everything should be fine.

If the door closes easily, its square with the frame, and there are no large gaps between the door and the microwave body it should be OK.

The biggest mistake you could make would be to remove that "screen" inside the door. Thats what keeps the radio wave energy inside the MW. As long as the door gaps are smaller or about the same size as the holes in the screen, it should safe enough.

That said, microwave energy is very weak after more than a couple of feet. So unless you stand right next to the MW while its cooking, its very safe.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply