Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DaHadster  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 12:25:28 PM(UTC)
DaHadster

Groups: Registered

Hi, I manage a rental property with a stacked washer/dryer from Frigidaire - dryer model FGQB4000FS0. Tenant was complaining that the dryer would just stop and start beeping at random times (even in the middle of the night when it wasn't being used). I ordered a new control board (part #134484212) from you guys back in July and it fixed that problem, but now there is a new problem.

Tenant complains that when she pushes the start button, it will start and then stop within a few seconds. She does it again and after 2-6 times, it finally "takes" and will dry the clothes. At first I thought it was maybe a thermal fuse that was going bad, but when I went by to check it out, it was completely cold and did the same thing for me. It took 3 presses of the start button to finally get the dryer to "take". To me, this seems more like a control panel issue.

It got me thinking, are these genuine parts? I replaced a whirlpool dishwasher control board 2 months prior to this repair (through this site) and although the dishwasher now works, the delay button is completely unresponsive. Fortunately, the problem wasn't serious enough for me to return the part. Seems odd to have weird little issues like this after replacing the control boards.

Thoughts?

THanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 1:07:49 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
You might want to contact the people who actually sold the parts.

The people here who help are all volunteers and do not get paid anything and have no control over any part of the business that sells the parts.

That's why there are very few people helping here. Most of the original volunteers left or gave up. They felt like the were forgotten by the people that own the web site and the forum.

I'm not entirely sure why I still try to help here. After dealing with some people I sometimes ask my self why am I doing this?
DaHadster  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:09:19 PM(UTC)
DaHadster

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
You might want to contact the people who actually sold the parts.

The people here who help are all volunteers and do not get paid anything and have no control over any part of the business that sells the parts.

That's why there are very few people helping here. Most of the original volunteers left or gave up. They felt like the were forgotten by the people that own the web site and the forum.

I'm not entirely sure why I still try to help here. After dealing with some people I sometimes ask my self why am I doing this?

I had no idea. For what it's worth, thank you for volunteering and answering questions. Where exactly is the middle of nowhere Nebraska? My wife and in-laws are from O'neill. After spending the holidays out there, I'd say that's the middle of nowhere NE.:)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply