Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cardiaccat  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:08:49 AM(UTC)
Cardiaccat

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool RC8700EDW-2. The problem I am having is that the right 2 burners will not work at all. I have checked the burners and they are fine. I had read that a contact spade could cause this problem. Mine has 3 that plug into the receptacle. 2 are close together and the 3rd is by itself. The 3rd one is burnt looking and there are burn marks where it plugs into the receptacle. I plan to order this part to try it but I cannot find it specific to my model number. I found it for the RC8700EDW-0 but not for mine. Are these parts the same? Am I wasting my money by trying this part?

Thanks for help on this.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 11:06:41 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I'd replace any spade/contact and receptacle that looks burnt or is rough.

Spade part # Y708572

UserPostedImage

And I'm pretty sure this is the kit to replace the terminal block contacts. If one burns up that means the other is burnt too. Need to replace both sides to get good contact and a lasting repair.

Part #

Whirlpool 712228 Kit-Wire - AppliancePartsPros.com

UserPostedImage

Its strange that they don't list this part in the part diagram. This part definitely fits the Jenair ranges and it looks very much like the one for this unit. I'd ask before ordering it. Good luck. I used to rebuild these all the time. They were well built appliances.
Cardiaccat  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:59:43 AM(UTC)
Cardiaccat

Thanks for your help. Sorry for the slow response, but I have has a lot going on the last few weeks.. I ordered the spade and I will give it a try. The spade listed is the one for my oven according to the person I spoke to. Not sure about those other parts. I ordered the terminal block too as it looks rough. If I get in there and see anything else questionable I will replace it as well.

Thanks again for your help.
Cardiaccat  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 6:42:42 AM(UTC)
Cardiaccat

So I just replaced the contact spade. It is weird to me that there is 2 spades for one burner and one for the other. The one by itself was the one that was burned. Since replacing it both burners now come on, but they will not reach high temperature. Both only reach low temperature.

What should I check into next? Should I go ahead and replace the wiring from the terminal to the burners? Again, both burners are only heating to low temp and it is strange they would both have the same problem at the same time.

I thought I was ordering the receptacle that the spades plug into, but it was actually the receptacle the spades sit in. I did not replace it as there is nothing in it that could be wrong. I guess next I should also replace the actual receptacle block the spades plug in to.
Cardiaccat  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 7:43:21 AM(UTC)
Cardiaccat

Well......I just went to look further into my problem and now neither of the burners work at all again.

Frustrating - How much is a new stove?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply