Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cbmserviceguy  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 10:04:19 AM(UTC)
cbmserviceguy

Groups: Registered

My apologizes, I was distracted by a call and didn't look them up here since I was on another site. Never even realized I posted from there instead of here.
LowlevelRebel  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 8:46:45 PM(UTC)
LowlevelRebel

No worries; sadly I allowed the unit to completely defrost, so I was not able to check what you suggested, but it's back on now. I should mention I set the unit to do a defrost cycle, by manually clicking the light switch 5 times fast last time and it took far longer for it to clog with ice. I've not done that this time, though that back panel is still off.
cbmserviceguy  
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:53:29 AM(UTC)
cbmserviceguy

Once you get a good frost pattern on the evaporator, run a manual defrost again and watch to see if the heater gets hot and melts the frost. If it does, you need a new electronic defrost timer. If not, check the limit and heater as previously suggested to determine which one has failed. It will take a couple minutes for it to start defrosting once manual defrost is started. It should have thawed it all out within half an hour. Hope this helps!
LowlevelRebel  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 8:53:07 PM(UTC)
LowlevelRebel

I made sure the defrost cycle was selected, and nothing happened, the frost continues to grow (damned fast this time). I gave it a day and a night after I selected defrost, because the semi-clear instructions on how to do so suggest it needs that much time. I know it was enabled because one selected, the unit's sound changes. I'm looking for something to let me measure the ohms. I'll look at the manual when I get home to see what the parts to be measured look like.
Dean Haustead  
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:45:39 AM(UTC)
Dean Haustead

The Compressor Start Relay. The start relay is a small device mounted to the side of the compressor. It provides power to the winding for a split second at start up to help the compressor run. The other component that may have failed could be the Start Capacitor. The start capacitor acts almost like a battery to give the compressor a small boost during power up.So cheque it .
ThatGuy  
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:55:57 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dean Haustead Go to Quoted Post
The Compressor Start Relay. The start relay is a small device mounted to the side of the compressor. It provides power to the winding for a split second at start up to help the compressor run. The other component that may have failed could be the Start Capacitor. The start capacitor acts almost like a battery to give the compressor a small boost during power up.So cheque it .

Dean is a spambot with 29 posts. I sure wish someone would delete him.