Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
danmanv2  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 9:57:50 AM(UTC)
danmanv2

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I was doing a load of clothes when suddenly the dryer stopped. Trying to start the dryer again was not possible. You were not able to turn the dial for the timer and it was completely seized.

So I expected that I just needed to replace the timer. I ordered one online and received the exact replacement. Only problem is, the replacement does the same thing! You physically cannot rotate the dial to make a setting.

These units are supposed to be able to move without any power supplied to them am I correct? It seems strange that I order a replacement and its doing the same thing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am unsure if there is something I am missing here.

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:13:26 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is odd!
Try to remove the new timer from the console and reassemble it on the table. Then see if you can advance the settings with it not installed. Ruling out an issue with the console / installation. Yes you are correct it should advance unplugged as well as uninstalled.
brobriffin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:18:28 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Also double check the model number for us. That number does not show as valid.
danmanv2  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 5:59:55 AM(UTC)
danmanv2

Hi! Thanks for the information! I have determined the issue. I took apart my original timer and checked the internals (I did this at first when it stopped working.) This time I sprayed with grease on the shaft connecting to the gear wheel at the bottom. Started to twist the shaft until it started to move freely. Put back together and now the timer turns as before! I guess the new timer has the same issue. Will be returning for a refund
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply