Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Canon_Man  
#41 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 3:47:07 AM(UTC)
Canon_Man

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Bobabooey Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem with my Kenmore 665.12793k311 leaking at the dirverter motor. I read all the reviews on Sears website before buying the unit and saying it won't happen to me but it did! ...

Just saw this and wanted to mention that there is no way to leave a negative product review on the Sears website. They block any attempt to post negative comments, comments that NEVER make it to the reviews.

Their own employees add 'glowing' reviews to the products in an attempt to skew the customer comments in favor of Sears.

A sick bunch of A-holes in my opinion.
donlgriffin  
#42 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 5:50:38 PM(UTC)
donlgriffin

I think my dishwasher is leaking from the diverter motor area. There was no seal that came off when I took it off. I also note that around the sump where this device enters the dishwasher that a piece is either missing or its supposed to be that way; it is about a 1/4 hole that isn't a complete circle. Is it broken or supposed to be this way? When the shaft goes into the mating position now, the shaft is off by 180 degrees and won't go all the way in now. Any body have a close up of the area where this shaft goes in the sump?
donlgriffin  
#43 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 6:42:24 PM(UTC)
donlgriffin

Looked at the area on the sump where the diverter shaft enters the d/w. I first thought that there was a piece broken off; after looking at it with a magnifying glass (eyes aren't so good) it isn't broken off it is designed that way. But still no sign of a seal. I just spent two days of my weekend replacing particle board that was soaked and ruined by this thing leaking. I was concerned that the cabinet wouldn't support the granite countertop and sink area after removing so much soaked particle board. Had to replace the cabinet floor under the sink as well. Probably went overboard and it will be harder to replace the sink in the future but I won't have to worry about my cabinet failing. I have for years recommended Whirlpool and Kenmore appliances to all my friends and family. I kind of like working on appliances since I was an appliance repair tech almost 40 years ago. I build aircraft now. After reading this thread I will have to change my recommendations. I bought this Whirlpool Gold d/w hoping I would get more than 3 years out of it. Thinking of calling Whirlpool and seeing what they have to say.
Still wonder how to advance this motor so that I can get the shaft to line up. Maybe try moving the part inside the d/w. 40 years ago they didn't have diverters.
ThatGuy  
#44 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 8:02:44 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
A model number would be helpful.
donlgriffin  
#45 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 1:40:21 AM(UTC)
donlgriffin

WDF780SLYM1 Whirlpool Gold
donlgriffin  
#46 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 5:41:26 PM(UTC)
donlgriffin

Does this grommet/shaft seal go inside the tub of the d/w or outside the tub on the shaft? Is anyone out there?
ThatGuy  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:57:14 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

United States

I know virtually nothing about this dishwasher, but I did find this video which goes through replacing the diverter motor. I hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyXWIiMZ6cA
ThatGuy  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 2:15:16 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

United States

From the video (at 2:02 and again at 8:03) it looks like there is an o-ring inside the DW under the diffuser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyXWIiMZ6cA
donlgriffin  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 6:40:29 PM(UTC)
donlgriffin

Bought and installed the grommet/shaft seal tonight. Put the d/w in and will check for leaks tomorrow night.
donlgriffin  
#50 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 7:18:35 AM(UTC)
donlgriffin

Update. Put the grommet/seal in the dishwasher. Initially leaked a few drops and was feeling down. Let it run a load of dishes that had piled up while it had been down. Checked the pan in the morning and was only an ounce or two in the pan ran another load and it was dry. Keeping the kick plate off for a while to see what happens later. Fingers crossed but not sure if it's fixed or not. Never a good idea to have a seal with a rotating shaft in the middle of it under water. Whirlpool should take ownership of this problem. Don't know how to re design it but more thought should go into this problem. Also this grommet should be listed in the parts diagram. Shouldn't have to search for answers on the internet for a problem like this.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply