Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bspead  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 6:02:53 PM(UTC)
bspead

Groups: Registered

I am hoping to figure out what is going on with my Maytag Washer (MVWC7ESWW0). Tonight we noticed:
- during agitation the clothes are not really agitating; the agitator tries to move but it's too weak to actually move the clothes (the unit has a clear lid which makes it easy to observe)
- it seems to be noisier than we remembered it being
- spinning is just fine
- draining and all other functions are just fine

Finding several YouTube videos, I disassembled the agitator and I confirmed that all plastic (and metal) teeth, grooves and dog-ears are intact and don't appear to be worn.

Looking beneath the unit, the 2 white couplings appear to be intact, however it appears as though the black ring which holds the couplings together has cracks on the outside where each of the 6 holes are.

I would *assume* that if the coupling were really the problem then it would fail to spin and agitate, correct? Since spinning is fine can we rule that out?

Since it tries to agitate, can we rule out the timer?

My best guess is the transmission but I would like to confirm that if possible based on people's experiences on this forum. We have a large family and go through 1-2 loads per day so the clock is ticking in terms of how much time my wife will let me spend trying to figure this out (and if it is the transmission I think we'll end up doing for a new machine).

Any experiences or advice as to how to nail down the root cause would be appreciated. I can post a picture of the cracks on the coupling rubber piece if it is helpful. I guess I am trying to confirm quickly that if spinning works then I can rule out the coupler.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ben
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.