Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
minvac  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2012 8:27:37 AM(UTC)
minvac

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher stopped working a few weeks after the 1-year warranty ended. The start and cancel buttons were unresponsive when pressed. Other buttons lit up. No lights were blinking. What I tried:

* turned off circuit, both quickly and for 10+ minutes to reset.
* ran diagnostic cycles (pressed heated dry -normal- heated dry and heated dry-sanitize-heated dry sequences to reset).... both lit up all lights, including Start and Cancel, but not WASH light....however, the tests did set off short cycles that included starting, washing and drying. Ruled out a power, latch, motor/drying issue.
* opened the control panel, re-seated all connections and found circuits all clean and no corrosion, no moisture
* tested circuit board by unplugging the control panel ribbon, flipping the circuit back on and closing the door - drain motor ran, showing that the circuit board is functional without the keypad

It appeared that everything was pointing to a malfunction with the control panel (part # AP4434653 / W10254846) rather than the circuit board or anything else. Does this sound like a typical control panel issue?

Thanks for your time.

:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2012 11:37:48 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

I'm intent to agree with your diagnostics.Most likely it's the control panel.
There is still a chance that it's the control board but you should start with the panel first.
The APP return policy allows you to return any unused parts even if they been installed.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Maytag MDB7609AWS2 UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
minvac  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:58:27 AM(UTC)
minvac

Thank you for your reassurance. I ordered the control panel, it shipped to me within a day and my dishes are being cleaned at this very moment.

Phew!
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:58:27 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

You are very welcome.

Simon.
Shawnmichaelpeters  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 4:53:25 AM(UTC)
Shawnmichaelpeters

I am hoping this thread is still alive. I am having the same or close to same issue. I can run diagnostics and it will run quick cycle, not really doing much but running. Heating element is hot and it will stop short of drying.
All the lights light up when performing the diagnostics and then it goes into the quick wash cycle for 10 minutes then goes blank again.
Would this be control panel. I don't want to have a service pro come out if it is just switching out panel. I tested thermal fuse and it seemed to have continuity

Any help would be appreciative.
Thanks
Shawn
WeAreNotAlone  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 9:20:43 PM(UTC)
WeAreNotAlone

Originally Posted by: Shawnmichaelpeters Go to Quoted Post
I am hoping this thread is still alive. I am having the same or close to same issue. I can run diagnostics and it will run quick cycle, not really doing much but running. Heating element is hot and it will stop short of drying.
All the lights light up when performing the diagnostics and then it goes into the quick wash cycle for 10 minutes then goes blank again.
Would this be control panel. I don't want to have a service pro come out if it is just switching out panel. I tested thermal fuse and it seemed to have continuity

Thanks
Shawn

Shawn,

Q: Did you find out what the problem was on your Maytag MDB7609AWS2 Dishwasher?

What was the PROBLEM?

(If not)
You might have better result in obtaining help if you create your own thread,vs piggy backing of a old one. (For a multitude of reasons.)

Suggest you create your own thread, link to thread(s) you mention...AND in the BODY of text of ALL your posts refer to the item being talked about by it's Mfg name and MODEL NUMBER.

Additionally you might want to state how old item is as well. :-)

WeAreNotAlone  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 9:24:00 PM(UTC)
WeAreNotAlone

Thanks
Shawn

Shawn,

What was the PROBLEM, the FIX?

(If not)
You might have better result in obtaining help if you create your own thread,vs piggy backing of a old one. (For a multitude of reasons.)

Suggest you create your own thread, link to thread(s) you mention...AND in the BODY of text of ALL your posts refer to the item being talked about by it's Mfg name and MODEL NUMBER.

WeAreNotAlone  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 9:24:03 PM(UTC)
WeAreNotAlone

Thanks
Shawn

Shawn,

(If not)

WeAreNotAlone  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 9:28:02 PM(UTC)
WeAreNotAlone

Date of post 05-03-2016
I am hoping this thread is still alive. I am having the same or close to same issue. (on my Maytag MDB7609AWS2 Dishwasher). I can run diagnostics and it will run quick cycle, not really doing much but running. Heating element is hot and it will stop short of drying.

Thanks
Shawn

Shawn,

(If not)