Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bbcci  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2013 4:45:22 AM(UTC)
bbcci

Groups: Registered

Touchpad on this unit is no longer responding. It started out as an erratic problem, where the oven would start a program and may or may not finish it before error F11 would pop up. Keypad no longer responds to any commands. After powering unit down and up again, keypad displays clock at 12:00 and the PF is illuminated. At this point it does not accept any touch commands, like setting the clock, etc. After a couple minutes it beeps and F11 is locked in the display. I replaced the ecm (clock and control board unit) and the new board responds exactly like the replaced one. I need some direction on where to look next. Where would be the next best spot to look for the trouble?Please... any thoughts would be welcome.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bbcci  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:25:10 AM(UTC)
bbcci

I'm not having much luck with this problem, even some guesses would be welcomed. Thanks
HumboldtRepairMan  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:27:44 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

If you replaced the main control board then it's a wiring harness/connection issue most likely or you received a bad part. Here's the part you should of replaced.
http://www.appliancepartspros.c...316418701-ap3791035.html
bbcci  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 5:07:13 AM(UTC)
bbcci

Thank you very much for the reply. I will check the wiring closely, your part number is the timer I bought, just shipped it back yesterday. If the wiring checks good I will try ordering another new one. Thanks again, bill
lbfarley  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 6:40:40 AM(UTC)
lbfarley

Can you tell me if it was the wiring harness? I'm having this problem now on a range I bought last year.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 12:16:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'll be glad to help you. The complete model number of the range is needed in order to provide most accurate advice.
lbfarley  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 2:06:25 AM(UTC)
lbfarley

Gene, this is the LGEF3045KFK model. I am reading this could be as simple as it being the overlay. The day this started I had a pan boiling on a front burner. Wondering if it could have overheated the overlay or even gotten moisture inside.
lbfarley  
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 8:16:03 AM(UTC)
lbfarley

I have taken the EOC off and see what I think is the problem. So I guess the questions are,,,why did this happen and where do I go from here.
lbfarley attached the following image(s):
Burned part 1 Sept 2016.jpg
Gene  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 2:18:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
1. Why?
Most likely the cause of the problem is a faulty relay.

2. What to do?

You would need to replace the EOC and the plug. You also may want to order the new overlay as well due to possible damage to the old one during the reinstallation. The worst part is that the manufacturer does not sell separate plugs. You would need to order the whole main wiring harness and splice in the needed plugs.

The EOC comes as a kit with some filter and installation instructions. The EOC kit Part number: AP5807223
Part number: AP5807223

The main wiring harness Part number: AP4319407
Part number: AP4319407

The overlay Part number: AP4433205
Part number: AP4433205

The following are the breakdown diagrams for Model LGEF3045KFK

Keep us posted.

Good luck.

Gene.
lbfarley  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:07:43 AM(UTC)
lbfarley

This repair went well. Replaced the EOC and overlay, applied all the plugs and wires from the old EOC to the new, except for the burned plug. Used the new plug and its wires from the new wiring harness. No problems when powered back up.