Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MoLA  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 6:07:31 AM(UTC)
MoLA

Groups: Registered

Awhile ago, we noticed that our fridge and freezer was not staying cool as it should. Our temp control dial was set to 3, so we turned it up to 5, and that solved the problem for awhile.

Now, it seems that intermittently the unit will have trouble keeping the temp low enough. Occasionally, we'll notice that ice cream has melted, or things have defrosted and the fridge is slight warm, but then after a couple of days everything seems fine again.

We have cleaned/vacuumed the coils. The last time this happened, I took all the food out and unplugged the fridge for three days, and then plugged it back in. I left a container of water in the fridge and it is measuring 34 degrees this morning, and the freezer is at -2. I don't know if it was the unplugging that made it work again. I'm not sure unplugging helped or not, since the problem has been intermittent anyway.

It's about 10 years old and we keep it in the garage. Wondering what it could be, and if it's worth repairing a 10 year old fridge.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.