Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pinebear  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2016 3:27:32 PM(UTC)
Pinebear

Groups: Registered

GE Monogram side-by-side all of a sudden will not stop making ice. We are now in the mode of turning off the ice maker until such time more ice is needed and then turn it on until it gets full again. I cannot see any obvious problems. The dispenser works fine for either cubes or crushed. I'm not sure I understand the mechanism that should be telling it that it is full. There is a horizontally flat swing arm under the ice maker, but I can't seem to understand its role in the process. Any help or suggestions would be welcome
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

GeneC2  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 11:24:39 AM(UTC)
GeneC2

That arm drops down when the icemaker dumps ice into bin, it determines the volume of ice and prevents it from dropping more. If you use the manual button you will see the sequence. Basically arm comes down when ice is ready to dump, if it is low ice will dump if it full ice will not. I it is not functioning then replacement of icemaker is necessary as there are no user serviceable parts on it. There should be a button on bottom to perform that function.
Pinebear  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 3:05:46 AM(UTC)
Pinebear

Quote:
Basically arm comes down when ice is ready to dump

To me this statement implies that the arm moves in a vertical fashion. The arm on mine is positioned horizontally flat and can only move horizontally on its pivot point.

GeneC2  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:41:49 PM(UTC)
GeneC2

My reply was the basic function of the arm they may move in different ways but the basic function of it is as I explained which was your question. If everything else is working correctly then you need to replace Ice Maker or just continue as you have been. As I stated there are no serviceable parts on it. APP has a replacement on sale at this time. Installation is very simple and only take 15 minutes.