Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kevin656  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:33:48 PM(UTC)
kevin656

Groups: Registered

To whom it may concern.

My dryers heating element had gone bad and I did replace it. While working on it I did cross a wire (not sure which wire) which caused to breaker to trip. I did flip it back on after getting the element finally replaced which worked great. The problem I now have is the dryer gets more hot than normal, does not go into its cool down where it shuts down the heat plus timer counts down to 1 minute, just stays there and wont go to zero and shut off all the while it keeps heating. Also I can run it on AIR DRY but it still heats up. Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 3:20:58 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sounds as if you have a wire shorted out against metal somewhere. The heating element always receives power from one side (L2 110/120) but doesn't have the other side of the power from L1 until the timer sends it. The timer doesn't send L1 power to the heating element on AIR DRY so the only likely reason to have heat is a shorted wire possibly the heating element itself against the heater can wall. (unplug your machine from power before doing this) To verify this take your electric meter set it to continuity check and touch one side of the heating element and the other probe touch the heater can wall. If it show continuity then search for the shorted wire.
kevin656  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 9:21:47 AM(UTC)
kevin656

Thanks so much, I will check that out. Would that have also caused the timer to stop at 1 minute and just stay there. It hits one minute and keeps running and heating causing us to manually turn it off.
brobriffin  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 10:34:30 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yes I do think that must be your issue. Check it out and let us know the outcome.
kevin656  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 5:59:35 PM(UTC)
kevin656

Well after some checking I believe the problem is on the main control board. According to the wiring diagram the heater relay is normally open but after checking with an omns meter the needle went all the way over leading me to believe the relay connections are stuck closed constantly sending a circuit to the element,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply