Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
okilmer  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 7:14:44 PM(UTC)
okilmer

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore 100.20022011 that is banging around when it starts spinning at the end of the wash cycle. It becomes unbalanced and the tub begins to bang around against the outside of the machine violently for anywhere between 5-20 seconds. At that point it seems to work itself out and finishes the rest of the cycle without any issues. I have checked the suspension rods, springs, and ball joints. All of these seem to be in working order. Is it possible for these to need replacement without anything visibly wrong? What else could be causing this issue? Thanks for your input.
[EDIT] This washer is actually about 5 years old.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2016 7:31:17 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Your model number should read 110.20022011 which is manufactured by Whirlpool. I suspect it is your support rods (springs) are bad. Try the bounce test. With the tub completely empty, open the lid push down on one corner of the tub. Release and see if the tub bounces. Try all four corners. If any bounce at all (the tub should spring back up and stop) then replace the springs (support rods) which can be found @ Whirlpool W10780048 Suspension - AppliancePartsPros.com
okilmer  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 5:18:54 AM(UTC)
okilmer

This worked! Thanks for the help!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply