Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SirSam  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 5:19:07 PM(UTC)
SirSam

Groups: Registered

I have a Frigidaire Front Loader FTFB4000FS1 washer. No matter what setting I have it on, whether drain/spin or any wash setting, the washer will run for 3 seconds and then stop. The lights on the control board stay lit, it seems like something is telling the washer to stop. I have just put in a NEW control panel board & door lock and I still get the same results. When i start the drain/spin cycle it will drain fine I can hear the water draining freely. When I start the normal. heavy, quick, etc wash setting it will start to fill the washer fine. However, it still turns off after around 3 seconds every time. I do not have a timer setting so I believe I can rule that out? When I tested the Ohms on the old door lock it read 1326 Ohms which led me to believe it was bad. However, on the new one it is reading 1206 Ohms so doesn't make much sense to me now. I'm not sure if I should even at this point replace the motor control board and pump because I honestly don't think they are bad. Is there documentation or can somone tell me what the resistance is on the motor control board and pump so I can see hows those fair? Does the pressure switch at the top right of the machine control the washer at that point? I thought the washer would not even start to fill if the switch was bad, but the drain cycle wouldn't be stopping also because of the pressure switch. I've said alot, any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 6:33:20 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The tech sheet inside the lower service panel should show you how to generate and interpret stored error codes and how to do some diagnostics.

Seems like you have done the right thing, so this is kind of a mystery, but may you can get some answer with the tech notes.
Nelso  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 4:28:11 PM(UTC)
Nelso

I am having the same problem, was Wonder if you found the root to this problem? Havind the same problem myself with a similar machine is a Frigidaire front load sane model as yours and it puts water in for about 3 seconds then stops, door switch is fine control board is fine and pump is fine, tries to drain but power to the pump cuts on and off..?
Gnodine  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 5:39:21 PM(UTC)
Gnodine

Same problem here, I replaced the control board, Door lock, and inlet valve..same symptom..3 seconds and shuts off, on both fill and drain...a few minutes later it tries again, it will do this 3 times then nothing, just the hum of the door lock, but to quote the original thread "it seems like something is telling the washer to stop"...this is an old thread I hope you have had time to figure this out....
Nelso  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 9:59:25 PM(UTC)
Nelso

I hope someone comes up saying they have found something because this is a common problem for this Frigidaire front load washer about 3 years old. It looks and someone also told me it could be a short down in the back by the motor there could be a broken wire, I looked myself and there it was a brokend blue wire down by the motor control, I did repaired the wire but still didn't fixed the problem I will keep looking to see if there might be another broken wire.
LaundryMan  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 6:01:44 AM(UTC)
LaundryMan

I see this is an old post but maybe it can still help someone. After replacing numerous parts on my 2 year old Frigidaire affinity. I took the back off and right next to the motor there is a black plug with 2 blue wires going into it. UNPLUG YOUR WASHER. One of the wires looked as if it had been kinked. There was a small white spot where the plastic had stretched. I unplugged the connector and pulled on the wire and sure enough the casing broke in half. The wire had broken inside the casing. You can repair this with a butt connector, be sure to tape up the butt connector after the repair. Plug the connector back in. And I'll bet your washer will work again. Good luck
Jamato2020  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 1:00:46 PM(UTC)
Jamato2020

Was anyone able to fix this problem? Any information would be appreciated.
LaundryMan  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 1:33:42 PM(UTC)
LaundryMan

I see this is an old post but maybe it can still help someone. After replacing numerous parts on my 2 year old Frigidaire affinity. I took the back off and right next to the motor there is a black plug with 2 blue wires going into it. UNPLUG YOUR WASHER. One of the wires looked as if it had been kinked. There was a small white spot where the plastic had stretched. I unplugged the connector and pulled on the wire and sure enough the casing broke in half. The wire had broken inside the casing. You can repair this with a butt connector, be sure to tape up the butt connector after the repair. Plug the connector back in. And I'll bet your washer will work again. Good luck
Jamato2020  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 4:02:59 PM(UTC)
Jamato2020

I took the back cover off and didn't see any broken or kinked wires. The washer turns on for a few seconds then stops in the middle of the cycle. It doesn't matter what setting is chosen. The washer begins to fill with water and starts to spin so it doesn't seem like a water or motor issue. It doesn't seem like a broken wire but we replaced the control board and water inlet valve like the recommendations for the error code suggested.
Sheepdog  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 10:03:27 PM(UTC)
Sheepdog

It is a kinked blue wire at the zip tie. Remove the back panel and locate the blue wires leading to the motor at the lower right side. Clip the zip ties, and you will see a kink in one. Cut at the kink and use a butt connector to reconnect. Wrap with electrical tape and secure it away from the motor with another zip tie but don't tie it too tight or it will happen again. Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply