Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ded  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 7:16:05 AM(UTC)
ded

Groups: Registered

One day the washer started making a terrible racket and was bouncing away from the wall in the final spin mode, shut off immediately and started to diagnose. What I found was that both shocks and one of the springs had broken. After I replaced the shocks and springs I tested and found that the tub would not agitate or spin. When you start it, it fills with water, but will not agitate or spin. It cycles through the wash mode very quickly to the drain and final spin mode, maybe 5 minutes, but the tub never spins. Thought maybe the door lock assembly was defective so I replaced. I did this because it was relativity inexpensive. No luck still did the same thing. Pulled the motor and tested it, and it spins fine when hooked up to power. Tub spins freely so no bearing problem. The next obvious thing would seem to be the motor control board. These are quite expensive, so I wanted to get an idea if it could possibly be anything else before I replace the board. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.