Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Reddragon510  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 5:27:00 PM(UTC)
Reddragon510

Groups: Registered

My freezer quit on me and once it was completely defrosted a friend checked the freon and it was still good. when you plug it in you can hear it trying to kick in and it makes noise for a little bit and then kicks off and doesn't do anything until you unplug it and let it sit for a while and when you plug it back in it does the same thing. It also does this when you turn the temp control nob to off,plug the freezer in and then turn it to an on setting. We replaced the run capacitor think that maybe it was having problems kicking over into a run mode. that didn't change anything. I am on a fixed income and need to try and do as much as i can myself. thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Medics  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 5:31:25 AM(UTC)
Appliance Medics

I would try the overload relay. Sometimes if you take it off and shake it if tiny pieces of black flecks come out it can mean it's bad. If that is not bad your probably looking at a compressor
Reddragon510  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 5:59:28 AM(UTC)
Reddragon510

Originally Posted by: Appliance Medics Go to Quoted Post
I would try the overload relay. Sometimes if you take it off and shake it if tiny pieces of black flecks come out it can mean it's bad. If that is not bad your probably looking at a compressor

Is there another name for that? the parts list doesn't even show an overload relay?
Appliance Medics  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 7:36:27 AM(UTC)
Appliance Medics

Start device, Start relay, compressor relay