Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hokutori  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 5:00:17 PM(UTC)
hokutori

Groups: Registered

My LG front load washer wm2016cw will not power up. Checked the power sources (plug and circuit panel) and both working. Cleaned the drain filter on the bottom left section of the washer. Unit will still not power up. Changed the display board and control panel in May 2012....any idea what the problem is?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dyagoda  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 1:51:41 PM(UTC)
dyagoda

I had, well my wife had, this exact problem. Working one moment not the next. Here are the steps.
1. Troubleshoot with LG. It probably will not work.
2. Remove screws at rear of washer that hold the top on. These are the screws in the plastic brackets.
3. Remove the plastic brackets and both screws.
4. Slide the top cover toward the back and lift it off.
5. Remove the cover of the control module and look at the wire entering it.
6. You may find it is frayed or cut from the vibration of spin cycle.
You need part F130 to replace this found here parts for LG WM2016CW - AppliancePartsPros.com

I checked this by reconnecting the wires and it worked right off.
A little electrical tape till the good folks at appliancepartspros get it in the mail

DO NOT BUY A NEW BOARD without checking this.
johng1000  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 1:04:16 PM(UTC)
johng1000

I had the same problem. I pushed the on button and nothing happened. The unit would not power on. I had an appliance repair company come out and they diagnosed a faulty control board and gave me an estimate of $597.95. I called LG and they asked if I unplugged the unit, pressed the start/pause button for five seconds, and plugged the unit back in. I did that, and the unit came back to life and has been working perfectly ever since.
Coral  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 8:59:11 PM(UTC)
Coral

Originally Posted by: johng1000 Go to Quoted Post
I had the same problem. I pushed the on button and nothing happened. The unit would not power on. I had an appliance repair company come out and they diagnosed a faulty control board and gave me an estimate of $597.95. I called LG and they asked if I unplugged the unit, pressed the start/pause button for five seconds, and plugged the unit back in. I did that, and the unit came back to life and has been working perfectly ever since.

Thank you so much johng100. I unplugged the washer and followed your instructions and ta-da the washer powered right up. Again thank you.
Niksmom630  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2015 7:38:58 AM(UTC)
Niksmom630

Thank you, thank you, John! I stumbled upon this while searchng the Internet. It worked! My washer is now working again and I can cancel my expensive service call!
firemedic24  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2016 11:09:17 AM(UTC)
firemedic24

:)

Thank you for the great advise. We followed the easy steps and the wash machine came back to life. Thanks
Jlo018  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:05:26 PM(UTC)
Jlo018

Thank you for this post. I was frantic when my washer would not turn on. I just unplugged and pushed the start/pause button for 5 seconds, plugged back in and it is running again. Problem solved!
j-beda  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 7:17:54 AM(UTC)
j-beda

Bingo! Unplug and press the power button for 5 sec then plug back in reset whatever issue that was messing up my LG Model wm2250cw so it now powers on. I recall having this issue a few years back, but now I have made a note in my records if it ever crops up again.

Thank you johng1000 !
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2021 1:50:52 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
My lg washer model wm3550hvca power in control board.but when push start button.light come in control board but immediately within seconds.Tak sounds and light off.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 6:01:23 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks big time
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply