Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
foghat  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2016 2:31:12 PM(UTC)
foghat

Groups: Registered

Hi,

During a load today, our samsung wf428AAL started beeping. On the display it said something to the effect of it could not drain and to check the drain pump filter. Hoping this was a one time error, I powered off the washer and turned it back on. Selected a cycle and the water in the tub started draining. Problem solved, I was hoping.

Well, during that cycle it happened again. This time I could not get the washer to drain, so I manually drained the washer and cleaned out the filter (filter was quite dirty). Tried to start another cycle, but this time the cycle would not start. Turned it off and left for about 20 minutes, fired it back up and things seemed to be working again. Until again, got another clean drain filter message. After turning on/off a few times I managed to get a spin only cycle going so tub would drain and clothes would not be sopping wet.

Where I am at now is that the washer will turn on and all the dials and buttons work, but I can no longer get cycle to start. What happens when trying to start a cycle is: the door locks and then a few seconds later it unlocks. 5/10 seconds after that the door locks again and then nothing happens. Cycle does not start and time on display does not decrease. If I power it off, the door will unlock.

Given the issue I am having now (and the fact I could get it to drain), I am not inclined to think the drain pump is the issue?

Anyone have any thoughts? Does this sound like it could be a main control board issue?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.