Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jdc65  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2016 8:02:47 AM(UTC)
Jdc65

Groups: Registered

I have a whirlpool gas oven WFG510S0AS2 serial W10526974A 1 1/2 year old. Oven will get to temperature, but when temperature drops in oven it relights for a couple of seconds and it goes right out. But it doesn't do it all the time.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2016 1:36:41 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jdc65 Go to Quoted Post
I have a whirlpool gas oven WFG510S0AS2 serial W10526974A 1 1/2 year old. Oven will get to temperature, but when temperature drops in oven it relights for a couple of seconds and it goes right out. But it doesn't do it all the time.

JDC65, If the top burners work properly, you'll want to check for a dirty or clogged bake burner, check and clean all the venturi openings on the burner. Then you want to suspect the DSI spark module Part number: AP5178660
Part number: AP5178660
. The module has a "safety" circuit that should activate if the module doesn't see a change in the ground circuit. If the circuit in the board fails the oven flame and igniter will shut down and not operate until reset by reprogramming the bake cycle.
greenidge  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 8:43:30 AM(UTC)
greenidge

I saw that someone recommended a fix for this issue? Was it resolved? I have a similar problem.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:13:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: greenidge Go to Quoted Post
I saw that someone recommended a fix for this issue? Was it resolved? I have a similar problem.

Greenridge, Since the post is 6 months old, and there have been no additional requests or comments, we'd have to presume replacing the DSI Spark Module solved the issue. Good Luck,
greenidge  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:27:04 AM(UTC)
greenidge

Thanks Joe. Like I said my situation is similar, different stove (Maytag MGR7775WW2). I checked the upper broiler and it works fine, the oven cycles on and off, I ran it for an hour with no problem. I run the bottom burner and once it hits temp is shuts off as it should. Then it actually cycles the burner off and on for a 2 or 3 times but after around 25 minutes I hear it the igniter go on (Spark Igniter), I hear the flame light (woof) and then I hear a click and the flame shuts off. It then tries to relight a few seconds later and the same thing happens. At this point there is no indication that there is a problem. There is no error on the display (I checked). The displays shows 350 Deg but the flame is not relighting after the 2 failed attempts. Is that the igniter or there something worse happening? We got a big event next week so I gotta make a fast decision as the wife is ready to drop $1000 bucks on a stove!
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:42:37 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: greenidge Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Joe. Like I said my situation is similar, different stove (Maytag MGR7775WW2). I checked the upper broiler and it works fine, the oven cycles on and off, I ran it for an hour with no problem. I run the bottom burner and once it hits temp is shuts off as it should. Then it actually cycles the burner off and on for a 2 or 3 times but after around 25 minutes I hear it the igniter go on (Spark Igniter), I hear the flame light (woof) and then I hear a click and the flame shuts off. It then tries to relight a few seconds later and the same thing happens. At this point there is no indication that there is a problem. There is no error on the display (I checked). The displays shows 350 Deg. but the flame is not relighting after the 2 failed attempts. Is that the igniter or there something worse happening? We got a big event next week so I gotta make a fast decision as the wife is ready to drop $1000 bucks on a stove!

Greenridge, Check and make sure the power cord is plugged into a 120 VAC grounded and polarized outlet. Check the wiring between the DSI Spark module Part number: AP6019728
Part number: AP6019728
and the gas valvePart number: AP6018899
Part number: AP6018899
make sure there aren't any loose connections or damaged twisted wires. If All's OK replace the DSI Spark Module, the bake ignition circuit is probably weak or the "safety" circuit is activating when it shouldn't.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply