Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gideon007  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 10:12:00 AM(UTC)
Gideon007

Groups: Registered

Hello,

New member here looking for some advice on fixing a fridge with a common problem.

I have been reading extensively on this problem for the past couple days trying to figure out how to go about this repair.

Here is what I have done so far:

Cleaned the condenser coils and confirmed that the condenser fan is clean and spins freely

Manually defrosted the evaporator coils (they were frosted up badly especially on the upper half, including the wiring)

Confirmed that the air diffuser is open during the cooling phase

Confirmed that the air return is clear inside the fridge

Confirmed that the evap motor receives 120v

Here is, what I believe, to be the source of the problem. The evaporator fan pulses on and off about every second during normal operation. This forces a short burst of air into the fridge which is not enough to lower the temp. I inspected the evaporator fan and it does not spin freely (when I flicked it with my finger, it will rotate one time and then stop abruptly) The fan does run continuously sometimes however. For example, the fan ran for hours after the manual defrost but then returned to the pulsing.

Some advise that I replace the ADC board, while others suggest I replace the evaporator fan motor

Any other advice?

Both parts are ordered

Thanks,

Ron
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.