Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RebrettaV  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2016 6:26:36 PM(UTC)
RebrettaV

Groups: Registered

The display panel on my Advantium keeps going blank. There is no display and it does not respond to any button pushes. The buttons are backlit, though, when the door is opened. It was doing this periodically and we could slam the door to get it to come back on. Now, it's off more than on and doesn't respond as well to slamming. Tonight I unplugged it and it came back on for a few seconds and went right back off. I unplugged it again and as soon as it came on, I pressed the 30 sec button in order to warm my food. Also, sometimes it will go out while cooking, and the cooking will continue. Not sure the timing down is correct though.
I've checked for loose connections on and around the display and am out of ideas other than a power supply or control board.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

hollys  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2016 4:04:58 PM(UTC)
hollys

I know this post is 6 months old but we have been having this same exact problem for a couple years. Did you ever find the problem and were you able to fix it yourself?
Thanks.
RebrettaV  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2016 4:46:26 PM(UTC)
RebrettaV

Yes! When I took the display off and looked to the left, there is a bundle of wires that contains a black braided power wire. That wire was rubbing on a screw. I taped the wire with electrical tape and covered the screw (I used perma gum but tape would work too). Works just fine now. See if you can view the pics I attached.
RebrettaV  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2016 5:04:32 PM(UTC)
RebrettaV

See pics attached. If this doesn't make sense I'll be glad to walk you through it.
RebrettaV attached the following image(s):
20160530_215010.jpg
20160530_220743.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply